How to Use This Blog

Please scan though the postings and if you desire to comment please do. On the lower left side you will find a listing of all the postings broken down into year and month. If you select a year the entire posts from that year will be available for your viewing. If you desire to enlarge any picture -- just double click the given picture embedded within the text for better viewing.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day

My Good Conduct Ribbon & The Blue Star I Wear for My Daughter Still Serving
Veteran's Day to me means so much.  With both being a veteran of the Air Force serving my Country for 8 years, and having my oldest daughter still serving her Country in the Navy this day (yesterday) holds that personal touch.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those that are still serving in combat regions and their families whom wait at home waiting for their loved ones to return.  I hear that some enjoy the day off as a paid holiday ... but in my humble opinion you should serve your Country ever before being given the right to enjoy the day off.

The temperatures are dropping quickly which will slow the recovery process from traffic wear, but the good news is that it also will slow the growth of the roughs.  Even with having our very first all 18 hole shotgun today the rough units (both big and small) will be out in full force.

No comments:

Post a Comment